Single Oak Project from Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace has been the industry leader when it comes to experimenting with aging and developing Americaâ€™s native spiritâ€¦Bourbon.Â Their new project â€œSingle Oak Projectâ€ gives consumers the chance to experiment on their own and taste how different Bourbon can be!
- The Single Oak Project is the most extensive bourbon experiment ever undertaken.
- For over two centuries Buffalo Trace Distillery has been a pioneering leader in quality and innovation. The Single Oak Project is the most inventive and comprehensive experiment yet.
- It all started with 96 individually selected American oak trees that differed according to the number of growth rings per inch and growing location. Each tree was then cut into two unique sections, top and bottom.
- A single barrel was constructed from each unique section. Prior to construction Buffalo Trace varied the stave seasoning times.
- The 192 barrels were then charred differently. These single oak barrels were then filled with different recipe whiskeys, at various entry proofs and aged in a variety of different warehouse styles.
- Buffalo Trace believes that this experiment will allow customers to directly compare the impact of 7 different critical variables across 192 bottles for a total of 1,396 taste combinations.
- None of the 192 bottles in the complete set are exactly alike.
After you try a bottle you can then go to www.singleoakproject.com and submit reviews and rating for your individually numbered bottle. You will also be able compare your rating to others with the same bottle and even look at reviews for different bottles!Â So Bourbon lovers unite and join in on this once in a lifetime opportunity!